Wednesday, November 23, 2016

It's a wrap

"New Directions in the Study of Animals and Religion", "Childhood Religious Education across Time and Traditions", "Faith-Based Community Organizing as Ecclesial Practice", "The Spirit in Community, Society, and World", "Black Girl Magic: Considering Contemporary Challenges and Black Women's Resistance", "Israel and the Nations in the Book of the Twelve". These are random examples of the literally hundreds of panel discussions that take place at the AAR/SBL. I can state with certainty that there is no other gathering in the world that provides opportunities to engage with cutting edge research and thinking in the realm of theology, study of sacred texts, and religious studies. When attending and participating in these panels, you are witnessing the advance of knowledge. It is an exciting and energizing experience.

I come away from my second AAR convention full of satisfaction. I was both challenged, inspired, and encouraged. I thank you for following along with me through this blog. I hope you will consider to experience the American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature conference at some point in your seminary experience. The Student Enrichment Program (SEP) is available for you to cover the costs. It will be worth the time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment